I looove cupcakes, who doesn’t? And who can resist a good rich chocolate cupcakes with a to-die-for frosting? I know I can’t..
Yields : 22 regular cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit /180 degrees celcius.
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 3/4’s full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. keep it until cool on a cooling rack.
To make the buttercream… I cheated, okay? I used store bought pre made buttercream. But luckily I didn’t stop at that. I mixed the buttercream with some nutella and melted chocolate bar. It’s delicious!!