I love cooking something that you can just throw in the pan and voila, in 10 minutes you got a lovely simple dish. Aglio Olio is like the perfect example. All you need is just the pasta, olive oil, and some garlic. Though for my version, I use some added ingredients that are perfect!
- 80 gr of dried spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil
- a pinch of salt
Now comes my (not anymore) secret ingredients… This is purely optional. Those 4 first ingredients are already enough to make a delicious aglio olio.
- Fetah cheese, diced (I use just enough for 1 portion, about 1-2 tbs)
- 1 tsp balsamico
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
1. Cook the pasta as direction. Mine is for 5 minutes until a perfect al dente spaghetti. Drained and pour cold water through it to stop the cooking process.
2. Sautee the chopped garlic in olive oil until the aroma comes out.
3. add the balsamico and mustard then the spaghetti (optional).
4. Mix well for just about a few seconds, then add the chopped fetah cheese (optional).
5. Mix again for 1-2 minutes until the cheese a bit melted, voila! ready to serve.
I tell you now, it’s delicious!! The added balsamico and mustard is purrrrfect!
Another great addition is fresh chopped chilies. Add them while sauteeing the garlic in olive oil.
2 thoughts on “AGLIO OLIO with a twist”
Aglio Olio is one of my favorite shortcut! xD It’s done in 10 min and it’s uber delicious. I usually add some cayenne pepper though, to give it a bit of an umph spice. Will definitely try your twist 🙂
I usually use fresh chopped chilies, but ran out of it. Cayenne pepper is niiiiiiice!! Will try that next time. Thank you for the comment (soon to be wed) sisy. 🙂