I always love peanut butter, the soft kind, not the chunky one. Peanut butter with chocolate is like the best combination ever. Today I got an order for a box of vanilla & chocolate cupcakes, and I ended up with some leftover batter, like always.
Because lately I’m crazy about my cousin’s peanut butter cupcake, I decided to make my own version. I was stuck at decorating ideas, so I decorated some of the cupcakes exactly like what my cousin always does.
For the cupcake recipe, I use the basic vanilla and my-go-to chocolate cupcake recipe from my previous recipe. Keep in mind, I used leftover batter, so 1/2 or even 1/4 recipe on each recipe is more than enough. I will put the recipe for the vanilla cupcake, peanut butter cream and the chocolate spread.
- 100 gr butter
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 gr flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup of pre made buttercream
- Powdered sugar, if you want it sweet
- 2 cups of chopped dark cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of butter
Directions (for both vanilla & chocolate cupcakes):
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit /180 degrees celcius.
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- add the eggs one by one, beat for about 3-5 more minutes until the mixture is pale in colour.
- Measure the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine.
- Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- mix the chocolate chip (for the chocolate batter)
- Scoop batter into mini cupcake cups about 2/3’s full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. keep it until cool on a cooling rack.
Directions for peanut buttercream and chocolate spread:
- mix the peanut butter & buttercream with spatula.
- Add sugar if needed.
- put the mixture into piping bag.
- melt the chocolate & butter together in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- mix with milk, let cool.
- put the spread into piping bag.
When the cupcakes are cooled down, make a small hole on the middle of each cupcake. First use the peanut buttercream, fill the hole than on top of the cupcake. Surround the peanut buttercream with the chocolate spread. Eugh, I’m really bad at explaining things.. Just see the picture and you’ll get the idea..