servings : 4
- 3/4 pound pasta dough
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cut the dough in four equal sizes, shape into balls. Roll each pasta ball thinly using hand roller, or in my case is using my brand new pasta machine! Roll and cut the dough into fettuccine shape, dust with flour and set aside.
- finely chopped the onions and garlic, diced the tomatoes and eggplant.
- turn the stove to medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook the onions and garlic until soft.
- add the tomatoes and mash them with spatula while cooking.
- add the stock (I use frozen homemade chicken stock) and tomato paste.Lastly add the eggplant, add the seasoning, stir and bring to boil. turn the stove off when the sauce thickens.
- boil water in a large sauce pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Throw in the pasta and boil for approximately 4 minutes, no more. Fresh pasta need much less boiling time than the dried one.
- drained the pasta, and put on plate. pour the sauce over it and serve.
One thought on “TOMATO EGGPLANT FETTUCCINE”