Yesterday I saw a lovely picture of my cousin’s cupcakes, which is a tie dye vanilla cupcakes. Being me, I wanted to try as well. I looked up at my cabinet and saw blue, pink, yellow, and purple food coloring. Yay!
Now, as much as I love a good vanilla cake, I wanted to try something different. Again, I raided my cabinet and found a lemon essence. Why not make a lemon vanilla cake? It’s psychedelically good!!
yields : 2 dozens
- 120 gr butter
- 80 ml milk
- 200 gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 egss
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon essence
- food coloring (I use yellow, pink, purple, blue)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and prepare 24 mini muffin cups and mini muffins baking tray.
- Heat the milk and butter until they melted together, but do not bring to boil.
- Shift all the dry ingredients. Mix the egg, sugar and vanilla, add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the butter & milk and the lemon essence, folds until all mix well. Do not over mixed.
- Divides the batter into 4 equal parts, and color each part with different color. I made mine with pink, purple, yellow, and green (I mixed the blue with yellow)
- scoop each batter into a piping bag. Alternate between colors when piping the batter in the cup. Do to all 24 cups
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
on this batch I only use 3 colors, forgot the green :p
I made a half of recipe again this morning, and use the Red, Blue, Yellow, Green coloring to achieve the psychedelic tie dye pattern. I love it!!