- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- salt & pepper
- dried italian herbs
- 2 slices of white bread
for the side dishes :
- baby carrots
- cheddar cheese
for the sauce : the remaining oil from the chicken and the vegetables, 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 1/2 tbs of flour
- In a food processor, pulse bread + herbs until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- stir together buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- pound the chicken breasts and place them in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from liquid, letting excess drip back into bowl. dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- cut the tomato in half, pitted all the seeds and liquid from it.
- Diced a thumb sized cheddar cheese and put one on each of the space on the tomato.
- Covered the top part with the remaining bread crumbs.
- diced the vegetables in even sizes, coat with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Put them in the pan.
- drizzle a different pan with olive oil than put the chicken and the tomato in it. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- When you’re done with the chicken and veggies, use the excess oil to make a sauce. Make a roux of the oil and flour and add the chicken stock. Seasoned with salt and pepper and keep stirring until it thickens. pour ever the chicken.
I’m using Happycall pan, which works almost like baking the chicken & veggies when it’s closed. You can also use oven, preheated into 400 degrees F / 205 degrees C before you prepare the dish, baked for 30 minutes