I love Italian balls! Wait… Does that comes out wrong? I’ll repeat.. I love Italian MEATBALLS! Cooked in tomato sauce and poured over fresh spaghetti, mamamia, I’m in heaven. I’m gonna share one of my favorite meatballs recipe that includes, what else, cheese! Don’t you just love cheese? I love cheese!
Ingredients :Meatballs :
- 300 grams lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of your choice of herbs : oregano, rosemarry, thyme, etc
- mozzarella cheese, cut into dice size cubes
Tomato Sauce :
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- mix all the meatballs ingredients (except the cheese) until well incorporated. Take a full tablespoon of the meat mixture, flatten in your palm, put a cheese cube at the center, and form a ball. Repeat until all the mixture is done.
- heat the skillet/pan with olive oil in it. Fry the balls on each side until brown.
- meanwhile, coarsely blend the tomato sauce ingredients. Pour it over the meat.
- cook the meatballs for another 10-15 minutes.
- serve with fresh pasta.